Cakes & mini cakes | Dessert | All year long | Vegetarian
Preparation Time: 65 Mins
Serves: 15 Portions
- 6 eggs (at room temperature)
- 180g of sugar
- 180g of flour
- 35g of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 450g of raspberries
- 225g of Nutella®
- Mix the flour, baking powder and chocolate powder in a bowl.
- Beat the eggs with the sugar in a bain-marie with an electric mixer (without cooking them, the temperature must rise to 45°C, not above).
- The bowl containing the mixture must not touch the hot water in the saucepan.
- Continue to whisk (electric mixer) off the heat until cool.
- The mixture should become pale, frothy, and almost creamy.
- Then, while stirring gently (as if to incorporate whipped egg whites) sift the flour mixture.
- When stirring, it is important to try not to break the consistency of the egg/sugar mixture.
- Finish mixing with a rubber spatula then fill the 7 cm moulds halfway.
- Bake for 10-15 mins.
- Depending on the size of the moulds, watch the cooking closely.
- Meanwhile, coarsely crush the raspberries, place on a strainer over a bowl and set aside.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and let them cool before unmoulding them. When all have been cooked and cooled, cut them in half width wise.
- Spread 7.5 gr of Nutella® on the bottom half, then garnish with the raspberries and cover them with the other half and spread the remaining Nutella® on top.
- You can add a fresh raspberry topping.
Scale - Sieve - Whisk - Saucepan - Small 7cm cake moulds - Fork - Bowl - Knife - Teaspoon
For more information on the Piping Bag please click here.